The Steamtown Original Music Showcase will return to downtown Scranton on September 5, 2010, featuring an array of local, regional, and national musical talent.
The event, now in its fifth year, offers music lovers and business owners the largest original music conference and event in Northeastern Pennsylvania to be held in a city.
The following venues have been confirmed for the Steamtown Original Music Showcase:
- Scranton Hardware Bar-519 Linden St. Scranton, PA. 18503
- Kildares-119 Jefferson Ave Scranton, PA. 18503
- The Bog-341 Adams Ave. Scranton, PA. 18503
- Trax-700 Lackawanna Ave Scranton, PA. 18503
- The Backyard Alehouse-521 Linden St. Scranton, PA 18503
- Scranton Vintage Theater-119 Penn Ave Scranton, PA 18503
- The Banshee-320 Penn Ave Scranton, PA 18503
Confirmed acts for this year include Nowhere Slow, OurAfter, Panacea, Hierosonic, BOB, Graces Downfall, The Silentreatment, Woody Browns Project, Maybe Someday, Zelazowa, Lemongelli, The Underground Saints, Jason O, Tom Graham and more.
Special clinics and panels are scheduled from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Banshee will host “The Evolution of Music Distribution” with guest speaker Joe Nardone Jr. at 1 p.m.; “The Traveling Musician” at 3 p.m.; and a lesson with Michael Dudley in using MIDI in a guitar rig to connect digital processors, analog effects, and traditional tube amps, “Connecting it all together,” at 4 p.m.;
For $10, the general public can purchase a pass from any club or the showcase website and will have admission to all venues the day of the event.